The right finish can make all the difference in giving your home a fresh, new look. Painting contractors in Concord can help you determine, not only the best finish, but the right colors. Since painting is more than merely adding paint to a wall, a painting contractor will be able to help you prepare the walls, choose what type of luster to use based on how washable the surface has to be. They will also suggest that you do not mix finishes because you most likely won’t like the results.
What finishes are available for interior painting in Concord?
- Flat, also called matte, has no shine. This is the perfect choice when you want a rustic feel or want to hide imperfections in the wall. It is not a good choice for high-traffic areas that will require cleaning and it may require more touch ups for scratches than other finishes.
- Flat enamel has more shine than flat, but not much. It can be lightly cleaned when needed, as long as it isn’t too often, and is more durable than flat. This finish is normally used for trim.
- Eggshell has the shine of a regular egg, which is where it got its name. This finish is a good choice for average walls, but may not be good for high traffic rooms. It cleans better than flat or flat enamel finishes.
- Satin finish is often used for doors or trim. It produces a velvety sheen. It is easy to clean, and can even be lightly scrubbed, which makes it a great choice for doorframes and window frames. You may also use satin finish for baseboard.
- Semi-gloss is a good choice for those who want a certain amount of gloss, but not too much. It is very durable and is easy to clean. To achieve the best results, you will want to prepare the wall properly. It will show imperfections but not quite as much as high gloss.
- Glossy will provide the most reflective finish as it has the highest gloss. If your walls have imperfections, this is not the best choice. If you insist on using this finish, it will be necessary to both sand and prime the walls first. This finish is great for trim and cabinet doors because it provides a dramatic look. Refrain from using this finish for an entire room because it makes the room look sterile and unfriendly.
If you need help deciding what paint finish is best for your project, talk with your painting contractor in Concord. They will be glad to help you choose the finish that best suits your needs.