Acoustic ceilings were once a popular interior design choice in the mid-to-late 20th century. They are also called popcorn ceilings for their bumpy texture akin to, you guessed it, popcorn.
However, business owners in Dublin, CA, and other cities in the Bay Area now consider acoustic ceilings somewhat outdated.
Increasingly, businesses are choosing to get rid of acoustic ceilings from their properties. But removing them is a messy job. In addition, acoustic ceilings might contain asbestos, and disturbing them can pose a significant safety risk.
The best way to get your acoustic ceilings removed is to hire a professional. At Custom Painting, Inc., we are confident that we can manage any acoustic ceiling removal process that you might need, including ceiling tile replacement.
Custom Painting, Inc. has been servicing the Bay Area for over 40 years. You can confidently place your trust in our team, and you’ll discover that they’re passionate and committed to achieving optimal results. Check out our customer testimonials to see that we can be relied on in this line of work. Our services extend beyond just painting as we also specialize in other jobs, such as acoustic ceiling removal.
Overview of acoustic ceilings
Acoustic ceilings provide superior insulation and noise absorption in many commercial structures. However, they have become somewhat outdated and are prone to attract dust, cobwebs, and insects. The uneven surface can cast unsightly shadows, making the space smaller and darker than it actually is.
If acoustic ceilings were installed in your commercial building before the 1980s, they are likely to contain asbestos. Exposure to asbestos fibers is quite dangerous and can lead to various health problems.
Whether your concerns range from aesthetics to safety, they’re all valid reasons to get rid of your acoustic ceilings. However, only a professional can remove acoustic ceilings safely and efficiently.
Benefits of acoustic ceiling removal
Here are the following benefits of removing acoustic ceilings from your commercial property:
- Enhanced aesthetics – Removing popcorn ceilings modernizes your commercial space in an instant, providing a clean and contemporary appearance.
- Improved lighting – A smooth ceiling surface reflects more light, making the spaces look brighter and more spacious.
- Increased ceiling height – Removing acoustic ceilings can increase the height of a room, creating a sense of more space.
- Better air quality – Without the dents and bumps of textured ceilings, there is less likelihood for dust and allergens to settle and hide. As a result, the indoor air quality is significantly improved.
- Easier cleaning and maintenance – Cleaning a smooth ceiling surface is easier and quicker than dealing with a textured ceiling surface.
Our acoustic ceiling removal process
Here’s Custom Painting, Inc.’s approach to acoustic ceiling removal:
- Initial consultation and assessment – Our crew starts the job by assessing the condition of your acoustic ceilings and considering any potential challenges and risks. We may take a sample of the ceiling material and send it to an EPA testing lab for asbestos content. If your acoustic ceiling contains asbestos, you must have a certified asbestos removal contractor to do the job for you.
- Preparation – Our crew prepares the workspace by protecting your furniture, floors, and belongings from dust and debris during the removal process.
- Removal procedure – We use the latest equipment and techniques to remove the acoustic ceiling texture safely.
- Repairs – If there are areas of your ceiling that need to be fixed, our crew makes the necessary repairs to achieve a smooth ceiling finish.
- Painting and finishing – The new ceiling surface is then primed and painted. We use only high-quality paints and coatings to ensure a flawless, long-lasting result.
- Disposal and cleanup – After completing the job, our crew thoroughly cleans up the workspace and puts back the furniture and other belongings in your space. We follow safe practices in the disposal of debris after removing the acoustic ceiling texture, especially if it contains asbestos.
Choose Custom Painting, Inc.
In addition to acoustic ceiling removal and painting new ceilings, Custom Painting, Inc. offers other services, such as wood staining, wallpaper removal, water-damaged ceiling repairs, double-pane window installation, custom crown molding installation, and a lot more. All our jobs are backed by a written warranty, which proves the quality of our work.