Starting a painting project involves making decisions according to the project’s scope, budget, etc. One decision is to hire a painter near me or do the painting project by yourself.
Painting can be a cost-effective way to change the look and feel of your home. However, it’s also essential to do the job right the first time, whether you hire a painter or do it independently. Some projects are simple enough and don’t necessarily require a professional, while more extensive and more complex paint projects call for a team of experienced painters.
Here are some of the following scenarios when you go the DIY route or hire a professional paint contractor:
Go the DIY way if…
- Your walls are in good condition (that they don’t need a lot of repair and prep work).
- You want a simple color change.
- Some areas need only some touch-ups (particularly in certain rooms, such as a bedroom or a children’s room).
- You’re going to paint one room or area only. Besides, hiring a professional to paint one room can cost you a lot more than hiring them to paint several rooms or the entire home.
- You have the time to do it.
The most significant benefit of going the DIY way is saving substantial money. Some people prefer more control of doing the job by themselves.
However, just because you’re not hiring a pro, it doesn’t mean you should scrimp on paints and materials. If you’re going for a quality paint job, invest in quality paints and tools. Using the proper equipment and following the appropriate paint techniques can give you almost as good results as a professional’s work.
Hire a pro if…
- You have high ceilings. The pros are equipped with safety gear and follow the standard safety procedures.
- You want several rooms, or the entire house, to be painted.
- The walls are in poor condition and require lots of prep work and repair.
- The project involves painting detailed and intricate woodwork.
- The project also calls for custom installation (such as installation of baseboards and trim).
- You want a drastic color change.
- You’re using a specialty finish, such as high-gloss paint or lacquer.
- You want to strip old paint.
- You need to remove old lead paint, especially if your home was built before 1978.
While hiring professional painters will cost you more than going it alone, the work they provide will be worth the investment. You’ll enjoy clean lines, a uniform color, and overall neatness and smoothness that come standard with professional house painting. The results will also last longer, so you don’t need to paint again.
In addition, if you don’t have time and patience to devote to house painting or other home improvement projects, you can enjoy the convenience of having someone else do the work for you.
Are you looking for a home painting solution? If the project is doable, you can go the DIY way. But if it requires a lot of work, it’s better to hire a painter near me. Leave that to professionals at Custom Painting Inc. Do not hesitate to leave us a call! We are ready to discuss house painting – interior or exterior, or both – and the requirements needed for your paint project.