Even if you’re on a budget, you can still make your home beautiful. You can get by cleaning your home and applying a fresh coat of paint. In the case of kitchens, cabinets are usually the most frequently painted areas. If you don’t want the hassle of painting kitchen cabinets by yourself and instead look for the best kitchen cabinet painting services, there are some factors you have to look into to make sure you hire the best people for the job.
Painting kitchen cabinets is a more affordable way of making your kitchen look more beautiful without having paint to the entire area or having to replace the entire cabinetry. As long as your kitchen cabinets are still in good condition, only a good preparation is all they need before getting painted.
If you think painting kitchen cabinets is not as hard or laborious as painting the walls, it couldn’t be farther from the truth. In fact, painting kitchen cabinets sometimes requires an even more meticulous approach. In addition, you have the job of removing the boxes and cabinet doors, painting each of them, and installing them back once the painting is done. You also have to sand down the surfaces as many times as you need or change the hardware to make your kitchen cabinets look good as new.
As a homeowner, you are aware that renovation projects can also add value to your home, apart from making it look more beautiful and brand new. So, you want nothing less than the best professionals who can turn your kitchen cabinets from drab to dazzling. The key to any good home renovation is hiring an experienced painting contractor to handle the job.
One of the ways to find a reliable painting contractor is to ask several painting companies the following questions:
- Are you licensed? – If the contractor is licensed, that means that they meet the basic standards that come with this profession. They have also gone through several requirements and paid fees to acquire a license. Having a license also means that the contractor has a direct experience in painting. So, make sure to ask the contractors to show their valid licenses as proof that they are indeed legitimate house painters.
- Are you insured? – Don’t ever forget to ask this question! It would be preferable if the contractor has both general liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. With general liability insurance, the contractor will cover any damage to your property incurred midway through the project. With worker’s compensation insurance, if one of the painters gets injured on the job, the insurance will cover the expenses of the medical treatments for the injury. Hiring an insured contractor will give the homeowners peace of mind and prevent possible costly lawsuits from happening later.
- How long have you been in this business? – Experience counts a lot, even when it comes to repainting and refinishing kitchen cabinets. Dealing with certain types of surfaces requires different types of prep work, paint finishes, and painting techniques. So, look for a company that has been at least a few years in the business. But of course, the longer a company has been in the business, the happier its customers are. They won’t last in the business if the customers aren’t happy with their services.
- Can I see your references? – Make sure to ask the contractor for a list of homeowners they provided services to in the past. Then, contact the homeowners to know about their experiences with the contractor. You may also ask the references if you can come to see the paint job in person. If they’re very happy with the contractor’s work, they will be even glad to invite you to their homes so that you can check out the paint job.
- Do you have a portfolio I can look at? – A portfolio is just as important as customer reviews and references. So, request a portfolio or sample of the contractor’s past projects they’ve done. Although painters may not update their websites frequently, they certainly have documentation of their best work which they can bring to your home upon request. With a portfolio or other examples of their past work, you will be able to get a good idea of the quality of their work.
- What sets you apart from the other contractors? – If you’re screening different contractors but still unsure who to hire, ask this question. By hearing their answers, you will be able to discern the unique traits and the value they will bring to your project, compared to other contractors. This way, it will be much easier for you to find a contractor who’s worthy of your job.
Hire the right cabinet painter
Kitchens are the most expensive areas for home renovations. But even if you have a minimal budget, you can still make your kitchen look beautiful by painting the cabinets. Finding a contractor that offers the best kitchen cabinet painting services can be a daunting task. But once you’ve found the right contractor, they will guarantee to make your kitchen cabinets look good and brand new without putting a strain on your budget.